Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Time Animation


                                          
Artists Take Risks:
This "Time" project was EXTREMELY difficult to come up with an idea. The whole point of this was to express time as an element, and not as a picture or clock. After a good two weeks of thinking and thinking, with many ideas being shot down, I decided to go with my first idea of making a "Flip-book/Animation." I needed to come up with some idea, so I went with a machine that, over time, breaks down and needs fixing. I took a risk here because I was the only person who did this type of art piece while everyone else made something totally different.

Artists Collaborate:
I spent a lot of time talking with my teacher and my classmates trying to think of a good idea. While still stumped, I felt that I was never going to think of one because this project was hard to comprehend. Eventually some of the students came up with base ideas that gave other kids hope for creating something. I spoke to my teacher again, and asked about doing a flip-book, and also involving TIME. He said to try doing gears and other things of that nature, so I came up with this machine.

Artists Communicate Through Their Work:
Nothing lasts forever. Things will break over time, whether it be a car, a clock, or even a computer. In a way, this message tells someone to live life while you can because the good moments don't last long. But at the same time can be fixed, so there's always hope no matter what. This artwork describes me because I like to fix things, and I am very good at it, also at the fact that I drew this so I am an artist as well.


Writing Rubric:
 This assignment really helped me think of new ways to view art. It taught me how I should extensively think out my ideas in order to find multiples ways to create the art. I am glad that I created this animation, though not the best, it still is much different from any of the other pieces in the class. Every artwork is special, and is designed to make the viewer feel different about themselves and/or how they look at reality. This piece demonstrates life (though it's a machine), life breaks down as we get older, which is why we all should be happy and enjoy every last bit of it while it is still there. Through this project I learned more about stop motion, which one thing I'm looking forward to doing in the future along with animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment