Thursday, March 20, 2014

Completed Marble Project

Artists Take Risks:
This project was te first time I ever used prisma colored pencils, and I liked them. Prisma pencils provide more advantages when it comes to highlights and coloring when compared to regular colored pencils. The hardest part of this project was perfecting the highlights and correcting the shading on the pastel-paper.


Artists Solve Problems:
As I was working through this piece, I went through some drastic changes. One of which was changing the background entirely to a different subject. I think this change made the artwork look better than if it were a blank background with only a few colors. I also had trouble trying to get good highlights on the marbles during my practice drawing, but found that if I combine the colors together, it works.


Artists Reflect:
During this project, I had to take breaks to figure out what to do next. Of course the most important element of this project was demonstrating translucent abilities in the marbles. Anyways, when I was reflecting I decided I had to spruce up the colors and brights to bring the viewer's eye across the page. In order to do this I combined complementary colors with one-another. I also added more white to the highlights and brighter areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment